Saturday, January 31, 2009

Valentine's Day

I'm always surprised that Valentine's Day is considered such a lonely day. I guess I've never really seen it as a holiday just for couples. The hatred the day inspires always blows me away. Then again, we always celebrated it as a family holiday. My dad bought all of us flowers and chocolate, and he was always super cute about it. Perhaps having three daughters brought out the romantic in him. Very cute story... my first Valentine's Day away from home (freshman year of college) my dad drove to Wellesley as a surprise with chocolate and flowers. I couldn't believe it! I felt so special, and I realized how much I was missed. I definitely plan on keeping it a family holiday.

Then again, I do like to take advantage of the holiday as a couple as well. On Valentine's Day itself, we're going to a friend's birthday party. I certainly plan on bringing Valentine's Day cards for everyone! However, on the night before, I made reservations for what looks to be an amazind dinner at Crush. I'm super excited for the menu and for another date with Rob; Rob says we should definitely go for the wine pairing. I'm in!! Luckily, Rob's mom is coming to town, and I'm hoping she'll enjoy a little personal time with Kian. Rob and I figured we may as well splurge considering our dates are few and far between these days. Plus, Valentine's Day is close to our original dating anniversary (when do you no longer acknowledge this?), so we may as well go all out. I can't believe it's been 8 years. Ha! Forget about that... I can't believe we have a 10 week old baby who just woke up!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

My dad always brought all his girls flowers and candy, too... I like it so much better that way!