I've been tagged twice now, so I'm going to do this random facts thing. One had 6 random facts and one had 25... guess what I'm going with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. I feel really bad when my mom says I should have a PhD by now. She is right. My career path is not exactly what I expected, and a lot of that is laziness and some of it was bad luck. (Then again, I do appreciate all the traveling I did, and I do believe that I had a GOOD job... not ripping off the state of California for example.) My dream jobs are either an astronomer or wildlife biologist. I have known this since I was a kid. However, I also knew I wanted to be a mom, and I had an idea of what kind of mom I wanted to be. These jobs do not match my idea of what kind of mom I wanted to be. Fortunately, I'm definitely following the path of momhood I would have chosen, so I don't feel that guilty any more. It's strange to have found achievement in mommyhood, but there it is. However, I'll have to revisit this whole career thing later. I just hope people realize that I am intelligent when I respond that I am a stay-at-home mom. Stupid society for setting up such dumb boundaries and preconceptions. I can't even get my own brain unentangled from such thoughts!
2. I have a super awesome husband. Extremely accomplished and intelligent, handsome, good cook, not at all lazy, gets me water when I'm nursing, etc. He comes home from work and will start cleaning or doing some random task; this happens more now that Kian is here and I'm limited in what I can do at the moment. It's kind of ridiculous. In fact, I think he would be an even more amazing husband if he could relax even if there is a small task left to do. The problem with him being so great is that I worry that I'm not a good enough wife for him. He assures me that I am, and that makes him even better. Vicious circle I tell you!
3. I have 35 first cousins who live in the US, Canada, Iran, Turkey and Australia. I have not met 8 of them - all of whom live in Iran. I hope to visit Iran in two years to see the country and to also meet the rest of my family. Let's just stop at first cousins.
4. I hate lamb (and goat milk products, except aged goat cheese). I try lamb every time it is presented to me. Don't tell me I haven't had it prepared well, as I come from a Middle Eastern family. I've been forced to eat lamb that is apparently amazing. I have had lamb that others salivate over, and all I can think is how stinky it is. I have had lamb in India, which apparently is less awful as the animal fat is primarily in the tail so you don't eat it. Apparently the fat is where most of the funky flavor is held... it was still gross to me. However, I have had lamb once in my life that I liked. And then I ate a lot of it. It was lamb chops from this restaurant. I would order them if I went again. Yum!
5. I am obsessed with food. I think about it probably all day long. What my next meal will be, what groceries I need, etc. If you do not like the grocery store, do not come shopping with me. I love walking down the aisles and just checking things out. Strangely, I am a rather picky eater, but I do make myself eat a lot of things I don't like - like many vegetables that people seem to love, i.e. broccoli.
6. I have an awful memory for names of movies, authors, and people that I know and meet. It's embaressing. Strangely, I have a very good memory for random details or things that I find interesting. I have already noticed that my memory is worse than it was when I was younger. This saddens me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, as the other two people did the same, if you read this, consider yourself "tagged." Post 6 random things about yourself.
p.s. New pictures have been posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment