Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Will you go out with me?

Last night, Rob and I finally went on a proper "date night." We decided to try out Ocho based on numerous friends' recommendations. I'm so happy we went! The food was delicious, and I thought it was a pretty romantic setting. It's a very small place and they don't take reservations, but we were very lucky and got a table. Our server was very good too. We had the mushroom toasts (ordered it twice, as they are very yummy!), the warm octopus salad, the dates, fried potatoes (I really liked these), the spicy shrimp, the chorizo (SO good), and the manchego cheese with lavender honey as well as the chocolate on toast. I think they could have better desserts, but other than that I really loved the experience! I also had two red sangrias - yummmmy! The white sangria was nasty (Rob got it), and I got brave and sent it back. They were very nice about it.

The only thing is that Rob and I came home and when we fell asleep apparently we passed out. My mom came above us to ask where the bottles were (Rob had put them somewhere somewhat random), and it took her awhile to wake us up. I feel HORRIBLE about this, as she had a screaming Kian in her arms. How could it take me some time to get up? She said that Rob never really woke up - just grunted answers in his sleep. I don't even remember all of this. Apparently, two sangrias is A LOT for me right now, and I think Rob was just really exhausted. I feel like a horrible, horrible mom. I woke up at 4am to check on Kian (and 5 and 6 - I'm not used to not feeding him once at night), but apparently 1am was not a time I was willing to wake up for easily. My mom told me this morning. I am feeling super guilty, as I know my mom was upset. Not a great day... at least last night was really nice and fun.

No comments: