Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Little WHAT???

I've gotten a few questions asking how the nursing is coming along now - thank you for the concern! It's definitely a matter (literally) close to my heart. We determined that I do indeed have the rather rare Raynauld's Syndrome - lucky me! I just started the medication for it yesterday, and it's already helping!! Relief!!! In addition, these help keep things warmer, also good. I mention all this for all the mom's reading, in case they ever come across these issues. I suppose it's good for future moms too. Believe me, it's much easier knowing these things beforehand than figuring it all out yourself. The medication for treatment lowers blood pressure, so I'm feeling a bit dizzy at times but that should pass. I have a headache too, but I hope that'll be gone by tomorrow. It's worth the improvement though, and supposedly most people are "cured" in two weeks. I really hope I feel better for the b-day party we're going to this weekend, as drinking lowers blood pressure and I definitely want to live it up a bit, if I'm going to be out!

Kind of along these lines, we decided to give Kian a pacifier. It reduces the incidences of SIDS, and it helps in general. Babies like to suck, and it's nice to be able to satisfy that need. We either call it a pacifier or a pestoonak. Pestoonak is the Persian word for pacifier. Whenever you see -ak at the end of a Persian word, it generally means little. So when I say Sheitoon-ak it means "little Sheitoon." Anyway, here's a conversation between me, Rob, my mom and Daniel (Rob's brother).

R: What does pestoon mean?
N: (I look at my mom and slightly shrug and then look back at Rob.) What do you think?
R: Hmmm... (look of shock!) REALLY?
N: (I look at my mom with a look saying, "why is he overreacting?") Yes, really.
R: (Rob walks away all surprised, turns midway and starts doing all the excited Rob actions and then shouts excitedly towards his brother.) That's hilarious! Do you know what they call this?!?!?! A LITTLE PENIS!
(N & M start laughing hysterically. Daniel and Rob are thinking maybe he got it wrong and BOY DID HE!)
N: Uh... what else does it look like?
R: (After some thought...) Oh. Little Nipple?
N & M: (Still laughing.) Yes!

Believe me when I say that story was good for laughs for DAYS... still is! Can you imagine?? Who would offer their baby "a little penis?" Haha!

No comments: