Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm 30 and Obama is President

Well, last week was my birthday - MLK Jr. day to be exact. And the next day President Obama was sworn in (with a little bit of mishap). I can't believe I'm 30. It doesn't seem real, but at least Kian makes me feel like I am indeed old enough to be 30. Rob planned quite the festivities! On Saturday, we went to a surprise cooking class for me and there were about 10 of our friends there. Plus, my mom was there, but also Sheeva and Mira flew up as a surprise! It was very, very fun! I also haven't had that much to drink in a LONG time. Good times. (Pictures in the new link that we posted.)

Unfortunately, Mira was only here for a day. She flew back Sunday night before Rob and my joint party. The party was fun, though I had to make a lot of runs upstairs where Kian was hanging out with my dad... either to feed him or help to put him asleep/soothe him. Still, I had a lot of fun. And like many of our parties lately, it ended with a YouTube fest on the TV thanks to TiVo.

Sheeva flew back Monday early evening. It was sad to see her go, but I did take her out for a quick sushi meal with just the two of us. It was nice to catch up with her a bit one-on-one.

Tuesday was Obama day! We had a party at our house and watched the inaugural speech (no comments on my goof up please). We had a yummy taco night to go along with it. No margaritas though... somehow I didn't think of it. Clearly, I've not really been drinking for too long!

Anyway, last week was a busy week, but a fun one. A great way to end 29 and to begin 30.

No comments: