Somehow, week 11 hit and Kian decided it was time for him to sleep longer through the night. As in he has started sleeping 7-9.5 hours through the night! It's amazing getting to sleep that long... it's been AGES! Of course, I don't actually sleep that long. I have to get him to sleep, get him in bed (and say a little prayer that his eyes stay shut), then get ready for bed myself, hop in, fall asleep (please let me fall asleep quickly - it's only been 4 days... I still feel like he could wake up any time), and then I end up waking up at 5am anyhow. I pretend that I can keep sleeping... but I end up getting up an hour later to pump just so I can sleep in peace. STILL, this is a much more attractive schedule then I had been dealing with... the only hard part about this whole thing is that Kian doesn't want to go down for his long sleep until somewhere between 10:30-midnight. As such, Rob and I have little or no time to just ourselves. I know it'll get better, but it is kind of sad to not have some proper "alone" time together. We didn't do to badly over the weekend, but during the week is hard. The only good thing is that Rob getting home late doesn't mean that Kian won't see him. They have a couple of hours to hang out a bit.
We'll have to see how this schedule holds. He did have a couple of nights where he slept only 4-5 hours in the middle of this new found long sleep, and I do expect him to revert at times - growth spurts, teething, etc. All I can say is, isn't sleep lovely?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment