Friday, February 20, 2009

Preparation

Yesterday, I missed yoga AGAIN. I haven't even made it once. Kian wants to eat right when I should get going, and then I'll be so late that I wonder what's the point. Fortunately, I used my time productively and got in a workout of walking - again, with a 20lb weight on me.

Our friend Emily was already over visiting, as she had come to see us that morning. Emily has the week off of work, as school is out for the week and she's a teacher. We had a great morning playing with Kian and just catching up in general. I made a quick lunch, and then when I realized I'd missed yoga, we decided to go on a walk together. I put Kian in the Ergo, so I could get him used to it for the big walk that I took today. I had walked around the house with him on Wednesday for a bit, so we did have a bit of practice. I did perfect my technique on the walk today though, so my back hurts less than it did yesterday. Yay!

Emily and I went walking around the neighborhood to Cal Anderson Park, and Kian got fussy... but then he fell asleep. I should just accept that he'll generally always go a bit crazy when he's tired. Anyway, from there, we walked to Volunteer Park, where we visited the greenhouse, walked some more and then came home. It was a good 2-3 hour walk, and it was so nice getting to know Emily better. She knows Rob through his Williams friends, and she just moved out here earlier this year. I only knew her through a couple of brunches and weddings earlier, so it's nice hanging out now. She really is a very nice person. We've made a date to hang out mid-week again during spring break, although we'll surely hang out on the weekends too! She and her partner are really into babies, which is great! They like to just come over and play, and coincidentally they live about two blocks away.

Sadly, after our nice day of walking and playing, Kian had his craziest crying fit of all time. I was in tears, as I knew he was in pain. He has this one scream/cry that he makes that I've come to recognize. VERY luckily, Rob had come home early (still had work to do from home), so I wasn't on my own. I may have lost my mind otherwise. I was actually trying to sneak in a 15 minute nap when this madness happened. We thought perhaps he was teething - bit early for that though, as he did have some happiness when he chomped on my finger and then again after he chewed on a cold, wet washcloth. However, he then went hysterical for a 1/2 hour or so. Fortunately, he eventually was ok enough to eat - it was a first that eating didn't really soothe him, so it was very traumatizing for me. I knew he must be in a lot of discomfort! After eating, he he passed out. When he woke up, he was a farting machine. His pain must have been due to gas... and here I was all in tears and calling the pediatrician's office all for a bunch of farts. What a dramatic cap to the afternoon.

No comments: