Hmmm... I just lost everything I wrote, but I still feel like I am having a great day. I'll just start all over again!
About a month ago at my mom's group, this one mom named Lori dropped in to check it out. I think she may just be an angel. In that session, she befriended me, and since then we've gone on a few walks. She also invited me to join her PEPS group, which is another mom's group, for the Friday hikes/walks they've organized. There were a total of 6 of us today, plus our babies.
The day started off a bit hectic, as getting everything together for a rather long walk was new for me... well, a long walk so far from home at least. I had practiced for two days having Kian in the Ergo, and it had gone well. We went for a 2-3 hour walk yesterday with our friend Emily, and he was pretty happy. We were meeting everyone at Discovery Park today, a 20 minute drive away, and it isn't a stroller-friendly park. I was nervous about the drive over, as Kian is generally awflu in the car. But nope! He was awesome. And he was so well-behaved as I madly got us packed for our excursion this morning too. (I really should get in the habit of getting everything together the night before.)
The walk was wonderful. The moms were great and interesting, and it was nice to hang out with a whole group of people who understood that you have to stop and feed a hungry baby, or take them out of the pack if they feel that things are tight, etc. We had one long stop where there was these great benches made of tree trunks, and then we had a second stop becuase of Kian. He missed the memo to wake up and eat when 3 of the other babies ate at our first stop. I was worried that everyone would be annoyed, but nope! We just chilled and chatted, and I shared some of my trail mix. It was great! We were out for 3 hours or so, covered at least 4 miles (got a bit lost), and enjoyed the sun and the views. What a day! I certainly got a super workout too... walking around on the trails with a 20lb weight on me certainly burnt some calories - plus the feeding before and after. :)
Next week, they are organizing a babysitting co-op, so that walk has been pushed off. Not actually being in their PEPS group, I'm out, but Lori said she'll figure out a way to work me in... plus, I have Lori! We've agreed to let each other know if we need babysitting help. SO great.
The rest of the afternoon has been very relaxed, especially as Kian was even more amazing on the drive back. He was awake the whole time, but he just played with his toys. I've got a load of laundry going, took my first shower by myself with Kian asleep (someone has always been here), Rob and I just made dinner plans - grilling in this lovely weather!, and now I'm just feeling super content. I look forward to Rob getting home, so I can tell him all about my productive and wonderful day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment