Friday, March 6, 2009

Work

New pictures posted on the link list to the right - some great shots of our visit to the science museum to see Lucy and the very interesting Ethiopia exhibit that accompanied her (did you know Ethiopia was the only African nation not to be colonized by a European power?), as well as of Grandma Jenks and a miracle berry tasting party we threw last weekend. It's this berry that when you chew it suppresses all tastes except sweet. Very interesting...

I've been on a local project since Kian was born, so I don't have a sense yet for how much it's going to suck when I'm traveling 4 days of every week. I got an inkling this afternoon, though, when Neeloofar called me to describe the incredibly cute scene in the post below - and I wasn't there to see it. As Kian gets more and more interactive and aware, I'm realizing that travelling, when it inevitably comes again, is not going to be fun. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Anyway, he's doing two new things this week: talking/yelling more and this back-arching movement that makes him seem like a toddler instead of an infant. I can start to see how he's going to look when he's a child instead of a baby....

No comments: