is tomorrow! Can't wait! This year, I'm not doing much. I figure we're going to London in a week, and I'll get to celebrate there for the 2nd 1/2 of festivities. Planning something bigger is too much for me to think about right now, but I will probably make the traditional sabzi polo va mahi (herbed rice with fish) for dinner tomorrow night.
The New Year starts at 4:44am Pacific Time, so I'll have to set my alarm to get up and start making phone calls. It'll be nice to talk to everyone, and I'll definitely have to get in a nap during the day somewhere. (Let's hope Kian doesn't wake up at 1am again!) Sadly, Kian has a pediatrician appointment tomorrow (I wasn't thinking!), so hopefully this doesn't mean it's how his whole year will go. Got to check the superstition at the receptionist's office tomorrow, I guess. I really hope the vaccines go well and that he's not too uncomfortable/fussy afterward (another reason to take Friday easy). Poor kiddo doesn't know what's in store for him.
As Kian grows older, I'll have to be more traditional about it all. Set up the sofrehye haft sin (traditional table setting), throw a party, etc. I'm looking forward to establishing this tradition with Rob and Kian. It'll be a time of year to look forward to... next time, we'll do the spring cleaning, plan the feast and bake all the sweets, have the traditional table (including the gold fish!), and new outfits for the three of us. (This year, I think it's ok to just take it easy. ;) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment