I love that we have so many friends that are into cooking and good food. Last night, our friend John came over and promised to make a "delicious" salad to accompany the beef roast and fingerling potatoes that I was making. The beef roast came out ok (I made up a recipe based on getting rid of some stuff I had in the house), but the fingerling potatoes were REALLY good. To be fair, I don't really like pot roast. The boys both went for seconds.
On to John's salad - it was delicious! as promised. The salad consisted of a butter lettuce salad mix, dried cranberries, feta cheese, strawberries, Trader Joe's Pear Champagne Vinaigrette (yummy!), and SEARED AHI TUNA. Yeah! You heard me right... seared ahi tuna. Rob and I were left wondering why we don't make it more regularly ourselves. It wasn't that time consuming, and we very much enjoyed it.
On Saturday, I had a tray of homemade cinnamon buns (also delicious!) dropped off at my door by our friend Andy. Apparently this is his gift to friends who have surgery. I'll take it!
Finally, six of us are going to get together for a potluck based on Molly Wizenberg's A Homemade Life. We each own the book, so I thought it would be a great and fun way to put it to use. The book is staring at me now, which is what really got me thinking along these lines. Then again, I seem to always be thinking of (good) food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment