Friday, March 13, 2009

Support

On Wednesday, I had to have a minor surgery regarding some of my wonderful postpartum issues. Not pleasant, but hopefully I'll have left some of my pain behind me. I'll be honest, I really wouldn't mind getting to a pain free Mommyhood place.

However, I just want to say that I am so very appreciative of my support network. We had a friend visiting from Boston who took one of her three days here (her last one!) to stay with me and to take care of Kian. Rob was working from home, but as he was working, her help was really needed. Then on Thursday no less than 4 friends came and helped in different shifts, and then today another friend came in the morning and afternoon (she had a midday class) to come and help. Another friend was also going to come tomorrow, but she had a last minute presentation that pulled her away - and yet she still would have come if I had really needed her. Through all this discomfort, pain and frustration, I have to say that knowing that people are here for me has meant a lot. A supportive husband, and a little more friend help early next week (I'm not supposed to carry Kian until Wednesday) has been more than a silver lining. It's what's helping me get through it all - plus the super cute Kian of course! (And the calls from my family asking me how I'm doing.)

Life is good. I am a lucky person. After the last post, I felt that I should acknowledge that. Thanks, friends! :)

No comments: