Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ode to Costco

Well, I've had some wine, so I'm feeling lots of love tonight. I thought I'd direct some of that towards Costco. As most of you know, I LOVE Costco. Great prices, great products, friendly and happy employees, and Kian loves all the bright lights above. My friend Kate sent me a link to a conversation about great things to buy at Costco, and right now I feel the need to write things I love to buy when we make our Costco run.
  • Parmesan cheese - great quality and price!
  • Diapers and Baby Wipes (definitely worth buying in bulk!)
  • Mozzarella cheese - again, excellent quality and unbeatable price
  • Hummus - mmm... they have this really great brand right now. The name is slipping my mind
  • Smoked salmon - again, excellent quality and price
  • Apples - they last an exceptionally long time
  • Organic 2% milk - we realized that organic milk actually lasts a _really_ long time. Long enough for even us to get through 1.5 gallons before it expires.
  • Unsalted butter - so nice to not pay an arm and a leg for it.
  • Paper towels and general cleaning products
  • Olive and canola oil
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Organic chicken broth
  • Spices
  • Pita bread - they have this amazing pita bread right now.
  • Baked goods - ridiculously good stuff, but we generally avoid this department
  • Seafood
  • Baby clothes (when they have it)
  • Eggs - mostly when we know our consumption will be high. Great prices. Are you seeing any themes yet?
  • Meat - always great quality and good prices. This however is becoming a more infrequent purchase, as we are making the ethical (in our opinion) switch to organic and humanely treated animal products. (Humanely treated being a key phrase here.)
Anyway, not quite an ode to Costco, but I just had to get it out. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Mmmmmm, mozarella!