Well, Kian is definitely my son (not that I doubted it before). Rob was assembling our salad for dinner, which included some avocado. I snuck a piece of avocado (with permission, of course), and Kian saw me go for it and he wanted some of that action too! He reached out, and Rob and I figured - why not? I let him suck on a little piece and he LOVED it! He definitely has the tongue thrust thing going a bit (have to get over this to be really able to eat food), but he was all about that avocado. He kept asking for more, but we decided against it - I mean, we'd already semi- thrown caution to the winds, but no need to go crazy. After his delicious food experience, he was more adamant about everything we had tonight - including the wonderful rose I was having as my apertif.
Finally having gotten my milk stores up a bit, I was able to drink more tonight. Rob and I had some sauvignon blanc (leftover from brunch ingredients this morning) to go along with our incredibly delicious and easy dinner! I'm guessing we'll be making this dish rather frequently from now on, possibly every time we make a Costco run. Luckily, Costco has excellent deveined shrimp for a great price. I chose to leave the tails on the shrimp, as they keep their size better that way - much more fun! If you're looking for something yummy and easy, definitely consider making this for dinner one night. Happily, Kian, Rob and I all enjoyed our new meal experiences this evening.
FYI, sorry about any typos, but I'm fabulously tipsy at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment