Saturday we did a bunch of shopping for Kian at Babies 'r' Us, and then we headed to Costco for food shopping. It was a pretty productive weekend. One thing we definitely needed for Kian was some clothes for 3 month old babies. He's definitely almost filling out 3 month old clothes - it's crazy how much he's grown! Rob weighed him and he's about 12 lb. (He started out at 9lb 10oz.) We definitely picked up some cute outfits!
On Sunday, we got in some fun shopping:
1) I got a new winter hat that I love! It's red and very pretty. The saleswoman and Nordstrom said I should get a dress the same color, as it suits me so well. I may have to go back for the gloves and scarf.... I was debating getting this green winter hat too. I may have to go back for that as well. Hats generally look awful on me, so I often just freeze my head off in the winter OR just accept that I'll look silly. These give me an alternative - yay!
2) We got a new mattress! I can't wait for it to get delivered... December 23rd! Our own Christmas gift to ourselves, I suppose. Trying out mattresses is SO fun. It was especially nice lying down and not worrying about Kian crying. Rob and I seriously considered taking a nap in the store, but we didn't.
3) A video camera! We got this online and then due to some stupidity we canceled the order. Then we ordered it from Costco - online again. They didn't have the video camera we wanted in the store on Saturday. Anyway, I can't wait for that to arrive, so we can start filming our little one. We'll also have to think about getting a webcam, as I'm pretty sure grandparents will want more than just hearing him gurgling (or crying) in the background. :)
OK, time to head to the lactation specialist to figure out why I am still not at that "drug-like" breastfeeding experience some people describe. I have to say - I am WAY past this being painful. Wish me luck that we'll figure out what's going on!
And then off to book club tonight! Mom and Rob get to babysit... of course, I'm nowhere near finishing the book. Oh well. I'll get back to a more manageable schedule eventually (I hope!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment