It's amazing how time passes. You look at your watch and all of a sudden it's midnight. These days, time flies by even faster somehow... which is crazy, as so much of it is spent at home. Book club was super fun though - definitely very adult conversation. :) Tomorrow's mom's group will probably not be along the same lines, though I find it very interesting as well.
The lactation nurse thinks how much Kian is eating and for how long are a big factor in the issues. He easily eats about 8oz, which is a lot considering the pediatrician said he'd probably eat 2-4oz in a sitting. She also said his latch, though correct, is extremely tight. Lucky me! She said by 6 months it should loosen up a bit... 5 more months. How comforting (NOT!). Anyway, we're going to see how it goes. She did say that we might want to consider having his frenulum clipped, as he is not extending his tongue enough which is probably contributing to the problem. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm up for that kind of mutilation... tempting though, considering she said it can provide instant relief.
Anyway, enough of that. The main purpose of this post is to say that there are new pictures up - link on right-hand side of blog. If someone knows of a better way of sharing this info, please let me know! (I know that Google reader and other blog subscriptions don't catch it.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment