We just got 5-6" of snow... it's so pretty when it settles on the trees and actually sits on the ground for a bit! Last year we barely saw a 1/2" and it immediately turned into gross slush. It was nasty. It's amazing how quickly snow shuts down this city though, but I guess they don't have much $$ set aside for plowing, salt, etc. There's also all those hills! Yesterday school was canceled due to the possibility of snow (as well as a bunch of other places), but today much of the city shut down. The good news was that Rob got to come home early, and he's been working from home. I don't have to worry about him getting stuck on the highway or something. It's very nice when Rob gets to work from home... we don't interact a ton, but it's just nice having him here. (He's on a project based locally until March, so it's been great in that regard too. And he has the next two weeks off starting on Monday - very exciting!)
OH! And two very cool snow related things:
1) There was SUPER loud thunder this morning - twice. The house shook! I love thunder and lightening, so very cool to me. Scared Sheitoon though and apparently made my neighbor scream (but I didn't hear him).
2) Our neighbor came over to see if we wanted anything from the store, as he knew I might be more homebound due to Kian. How cute?!? He also came in to meet Kian and said that he's cute in person and "not just photogenic." Way to get in good with a Mom! hehe
Great news of the day = Uncle Daniel (Kian's Amoo) gets in today! His flight was delayed 3 hours. And he just called - yay! He'll be here soon!! Tomorrow night, Rob's cousin Jessie will visit. She's coming up from Portland, as she's visiting there. She's in vet school in Scotland, so it's GREAT to see her! I think we saw her 2.5 years ago last. What a very exciting family weekend! (Plus, my mom is here to take care of all of us. :) )
I just spoke with the lactation nurse, and she told me to basically go on bed rest due to some new symptoms that popped up. My "overabundant" milk supply keeps putting me at risk for mastitis, even though I'm still on antibiotics from the last episode. I look forward to when I achieve just an adequate supply. I suspect that adequate will still be a fair amount as Kian is an eating machine. Talking to the LC today, she said that he has gained weight "off the charts." He's literally gaining at twice the expected rate. As such, she told me to "clear my calendar and decrease stress and outside activities" to give my immune system a boost just in case I am at risk of getting mastitis again. If you know me, you know what a sad thing it is for me to be told to "clear my calendar." This also means the last minute xmas shopping I had planned on isn't happening. How sad. On the upside, she also said to have my mom "bring me breakfast in bed" - pretty awesome! Who has ever had THAT as part of their doctor's orders???
Time for me to relax a bit. Kian is sleeping after his afternoon bath. It's amazing how much he loves the bath... he just lies there all happy and content. Very cute! Time for me to nap too, although I'm not sure I'll fall asleep (very hard to attempt to become temporarily somewhat nocturnal like a newborn), but resting is always nice. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment