Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Respiratory Reactive Disorder
Apparently, Kian has twitchy lungs due to the cold (likely RSV) that he caught in March. It's possible that he has asthma instead, but because Rob and I are not asthmatic and Kian's only trigger seems to be colds, it's most likely respiratory reactive disorder. Basically, it acts like and is treated like asthma, but hopefully it will be something he outgrows by the time he is 3-4 years old. What does all this mean? It means that potentially every cold can land Kian in the hospital and require steroid treatment (very bad). Kian just had a second episode last month. We were in the hospital over the weekend. It was traumatic for all of us... I really hope we can avoid a repeat episode with drug management when we see the onset of a cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
our prayers are with you. i am reminded of the parents mantra - "This too will pass."
:)
oh good! Happy you found (remembered) the blog... and yes, I really do hope this passes! My mom says it to me often - it's also a saying in Farsi. By the way, do you know the story behind the phrase? I think it's a pretty neat one. :)
Post a Comment