Over the Fourth of July (yes, awhile ago now), we went camping for our friend Nate's 30th birthday. I was a little worried about how it would be camping with Kian... bugs, dirt, tent, etc. Well, no need to worry. It was awesome. It was the most fun I'd had in a long time. There were a lot of people, and when 20 people take a baby for 10 minutes at a time, it adds up to a lot of Mommy Time! And he was around, so it was no worrying Mommy Time. In addition, Kian had a blast. I also learned how to play Settlers of Catan and am now an addict. What a great game! (Anyone want to play?)
I think the other part of things that made camping so fun was that we could take part in almost all activities. At the end of the night, everyone retired to the campfire, not a bar that required a babysitter, etc. Kian slept in my arms and we played a game of Mafia. Fun times were had by all. I just felt like I was able to relax and be part of the gang again. It was wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
nice to have you back a-blogging. Sounds like you've been all over the country lately - you must be tired! btw: I think Kian has a super cute nose :)
It's hard to keep up with the blogging! I'm trying though. :)
And thanks! I'm rather partial to his nose myself. haha! Congrats on the new baby in your family!!
Post a Comment