Friday, July 17, 2009

Not so paranoid, I guess...

Well, it turns out that it was a good thing that I went in about the rash. It's a petechial rash. If anybody knows more about this or has experienced this, please let me know. I just went through a traumatic 1-2 hours of drawing blood from Kian. The pediatrician warned me that because he is bigger (I heard him say "chubby" to the nurse in the back - ha!) that it would be a bit hard and to ask that someone good with babies help. Well, we started with one good person - he failed to draw from the arm, then he said a better person drew with some success from the wrist, then one heel failed, and then finally the second heel (another person). It was crazy and upsetting. I just hope it's a virus and not one of the other really scary options. And yes, this was the rash I was hoping it was not.

While there, I learned that Kian now weighs 24.7 lb - holy moly! 8 months tomorrow. This guy is something else. At least he got a lot of visits from the phlebotomists - they loved him!

No comments: