Friday, July 17, 2009
Farsi Fridays
Kian and I have found some Persian buddies. Deli and Niko. We're going to hang out on Fridays, cook Persian food, and ONLY speak in Farsi. Deli and I are both better English speakers, so it's a challenge to only speak Farsi to our kids. I think it'll be good for Kian to have him hear me speaking to someone else in Farsi. The flow of conversation is definitely different when speaking to an adult, so it'll be different to when I speak to him when we're alone. I've been pretty good about speaking only in Farsi when it's the two of us, but this will make it so that he gets some interaction with others (and not just when my parents/sisters are in town). It'll be good for Niko too of course! Niko is a little older than Kian. He's 15 months, and he's also a big boy. Hopefully, they'll grow up to be buds. I'm very excited about this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment