Kian loves dogs. Since he was two months old (earlier, even, I think), Kian's favorite part of "Old McDonald" was the barking. The song can almost always get a smile out of him, but particularly the barking. You would think that Kian would be scared of my sister's dog, a German Shepherd. Nope! Kian loved Cody! When Cody barked, Kian was in heaven. He would fall into a fit of giggles! On our way to our friends' house to meet their new baby in San Fran, Kian started crying. Rob and I had to bark the last mile to their house. It certainly kept him laughing... and we were certainly laughing too. Babies really do make you appreciate the sillier part of life. I can now see how right Rob's mom was when she said, "Babies keep you young."
The other side of this equation is Cody's reaction to Kian. I must say - it was love at first sniff! Cody couldn't resist coming by for a periodic lick in the face, and he was highly tolerant of Kian's shrieks and grabbing his fur out by the fistful (it's shedding season). Amazingly, Sheitoon (our cat) is also very tolerant of Kian. Kian grabbed onto her earlier today with both hands and pulled her to him and he batted her face yesterday, and she just sits there. If it gets out of control, she just walks away. I find it incredible. Pets are really amazing.
Ultimately, Kian is definitely more of a "dog person." Rob is more of a "cat person," and I'm more of an "everything person." I guess we needed a "dog person" in this house. I just hope Kian doesn't feel entitled to say he doesn't like cats. It's the most ridiculous statement that people make. I have never walked into anybody's house and seen the pet they have (cats, dogs, turtles, fish, whatever!) and said... oh, I don't really like that pet. I'm not sure what it is about cats, but people really feel comfortable telling you they don't like them. Ok, enough of that aside.

2 comments:
Have you seen the cat yodeling video? It reminded me of just how much I love cats sometimes. :)
SO glad everyone is feeling better!
I haven't! I'm assuming it's on You Tube? I'll have to check it out.
Hmmm... I just realized that our pictures in the blog aren't working.
Post a Comment