Monday, May 25, 2009

New Babies

Sorry, these posts are somewhat out of order, but I'm sure it's obvious that we're (I'm) trying to get all caught up here. I just wanted to give a little shout out to the two new one-month old babies I got to meet this weekend.

While in Sunnyvale (Silicon Valley), I got to meet Baby Sophia, Rob's cousin David's daughter. Unfortunately, our meeting didn't go as planned. David had to have emergency gall bladder surgery while we were there! Naghmeh and I were able to help by doing a milk run for Hyeyong from the hospital to their home. Poor little Sophia wasn't even a month old, so best not to keep her in the hospital for long. Fortunately, Aunt Nancy was able to fly out that night to help. My own abilities to help were a bit stunted by the fact that I have Kian. I didn't have any milk for him with me, and I didn't want him in the hospital either. As such, our milk delivery was all that we could do. I wish we had had more time to meet Sophia, as I only saw her asleep. Kian wasn't with me to meet his little cousin, but luckily we have our family reunion to look forward to this August! The four new cousins can all meet then!

We also got to meet Baby Jyotsna while in San Fran. Rob went to college with Megan and Avi, Jyotsna's parents. Jyo was born 6.5 weeks early, and we got to meet her on about her due date. She was about 6lb at that point - was born at 3lb 15oz. She looked great! She was just in a rush to get out early, as her lungs and everything were fine. She just needed a bit of time to get the whole suck/swallow thing down for milk, so she ended up being in NICU for only a couple of weeks. Yay! (Pictures of Jyotsna and her parents are under Naghmeh's graduation pictures.)

Seriously, it's the year of babies! And I've got to say, it's great! I just wish more of them lived HERE.

No comments: