Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Transitions

Am I the only one who often found myself wondering... when do I become an adult? How do I not feel like an adult, and yet I'm 25, 26, 27+ years old? Well, finally, I'm an adult... thanks to Kian. Absolutely having to put someone else before me completed the transition. Running to my parents isn't quite as easy any more either. :) Not drinking when I wanted to, not eating sushi, being careful not to fall started the transition with pregnancy. However, once you're nursing with 102 degree fever multiple times throughout the night... well, you grow up fast. I have to say... it's kind of nice to have the question behind me.

I'd also been wondering for awhile when Rob and I would become a family. I kept trying to think of ourselves as a family, and it just wasn't working. However, Kian has really changed that. As Kian rolled around on the floor Sunday afternoon between the two of us, giggling his little butt off, it really hit me. Hey, we're a family. We're building this kid's memories... and it felt wonderful.

Can you tell that I'm reflecting a lot on this past year? :)

No comments: