Thursday, January 28, 2010

Loss of the Peanut M&M

It was bound to happen. I should have realized sooner. In fact, instead of great sadness, I should probably be grateful for the time I had... but oh! how I will miss my Cheetos, peanut m&ms and so many other snacks (not that I indulge that frequently in the first place, but still...).

We just got back from Canada where we had a really nice time visiting my parents, aunts, and grandmother. Seeing my cousins is also great too! However, while we were there, I also discovered that Canada's nutrition facts are more informative. I did not know that if you only have .1 or .2 g of trans fats that you don't have to put it on your label. I mean, I looked at a plain nonfat yogurt label and found out that it had trans fats too! How much trans fat is out there? How much is bad for you??? From what you hear - ZERO! And there I come to find out that it's everywhere, but just under the limit of how much is allowed. (Or maybe we have none and Canada is more flex about the amounts allowed in food, but I find that unlikely and I'm too lazy to check.)

So... there you have it. The loss of fun snacks and the suspicion of all foods including plain old yogurt. I'm so sad (and angry too).

2 comments:

John Russell said...

Wait, what?! Peanut M&M's have transfats?! That is so wrong. So, so wrong.

Nee said...

Absolutely horrible